UC RUSAL is currently implementing a production efficiency improvement and cost-cutting programme. The programme is implemented, inter alia, through the sales of non-core assets which are not used in the main operating activities of the company. UC RUSAL pays close attention to the restructuring of its assets in order to increase the company’s attractiveness for investors and increase its equity value.
The main objectives of the non-core assets restructuring initiative include:
- concentration of the production facilities’ resources on the main operating activity;
- optimisation of the asset and liability structure of production facilities which are involved in production or support the production of main products;
- achievement of a positive economic effect of the restructuring;
- gaining of restructuring revenues;
- reduction of cost related to non-core asset maintenance and utilisation.